I do not know how many of you have been a part of a crowded discussion,and have had a strong feeling of ‘non-belonging’ towards it, or have found the discussion extremely trivial with silly facts flying all around with a very inappropriate pride to it!
I am made to feel so quite often 😉
I interact and discuss a lot with people. But,in situations as described above I am left paralyzed(voluntarily though). I try to be as inert as possible,because I have this tendency of putting forward my points with extra passion,which would successfully offend my counterparts. But,by not persuading an audience which is not ready to listen-I definitely conserve my energy,apart from not losing my patience.
Off late,I have started to get amused when in such entourage,for,I conveniently see myself at a vantage point of having a mindset better than the average of the audience.I inject a few impulsive points once-a-while,to prick the grey matter of the audience,which, in most cases is dealt with inappropriately.
Let there be light!!!
- A short review of Jose Saramago’s meandering masterpiece: Death with Interruptions
- Undoing 6 decades in 6 years
- 2010s: A personal tale of my professional journey
- Views on Naomi Klein’s “This Changes Everything”
- Fumbling with Fiction
- Why I run!
- Joy of reading, and some critique of capitalism
- PhD Series: 1. Getting a position
- A decade of blogging
- My Tweets