The things we ‘own’ would definitely acquire our traits(we make them to). And this is what increases the attachment and enhances the proud feeling of Ownership:)
For instance today, I got a couple of stickers for my Activa. The stickers as you see are mnemonics of great Philosophies,and have a heritage of their own.
The GNU-symbol of freedom(in a very contemporary sense).The mascot of the Free Software Movement worldwide.As I fully endorse this viewpoint,I thought I’ll do my small share of Propaganda.
The second image of Che-ubiquitous countercultural symbol and global insignia(from wiki). Personally,this insignia means much more to me-Tribute to a man of high ideals and his Revolutionary life. As i admire him,I want the world to know it too 🙂
I have already made quite a few heads turn on the road-I know few must have had some positive compliments and a few others must have thought this to be exaggeration. But,irrespective of who’s thinking what about it-
I did it,because ‘I’ wanted it!
- A short review of Jose Saramago’s meandering masterpiece: Death with Interruptions
- Undoing 6 decades in 6 years
- 2010s: A personal tale of my professional journey
- Views on Naomi Klein’s “This Changes Everything”
- Fumbling with Fiction
- Why I run!
- Joy of reading, and some critique of capitalism
- PhD Series: 1. Getting a position
- A decade of blogging
- My Tweets