I was talking to a lady today,a family friend….She is not very educated and all….She is a pious but sensible Hindu…Its so happened that we started talking about metaphysics….She has read the “Geeta” many a times…She was talking about absolute righteousness,truthfulness, honesty in life….
But i was thinking these are a person’s choice…Then she was talking about reincarnation of humans into a lower form of life if we fail to deliver our duties…My rational mind was initially almost laughing at her…But as time passed i saw she believed whatever she said to the fullest and no one will be able to change her thoughts..
That i feel is more important-persistence of belief..I was wondering, she lives in a world,created in her mind from the principles from our ancient texts and holy beliefs …Most of it i feel is not practicable nowadays…..
But i wish i could also think like her,without analyzing the pros and cons of events,calling everything God’s play…
Sometimes Ignorance can be bliss…..
- A short review of Jose Saramago’s meandering masterpiece: Death with Interruptions
- Undoing 6 decades in 6 years
- 2010s: A personal tale of my professional journey
- Views on Naomi Klein’s “This Changes Everything”
- Fumbling with Fiction
- Why I run!
- Joy of reading, and some critique of capitalism
- PhD Series: 1. Getting a position
- A decade of blogging
- My Tweets