I’ve been thinkin a lot over the various things we are lagging behind at.Unfortunately those things are ubiquitous and many. A little bit of introspection and a careful observation of the fellow beings revealed an obnoxious undercurrent around and within us,which is subtle but has profound impact on our efforts and results,subsequently on our country.
What i’ve realised as the fundamental problem is that, most of us are lazy.You may agree and even say that its a common and well proven reason of which each one of us are aware of.But, i’m not talkin of the physical laziness,it’s about the reluctancy in putting efforts to churn out newer and radical ideas.
I feel our laziness starts at the thinking level, we are always for something conventional,something which has been “tried and tested(most of the times obsolete)”. We are lazy to innovate,not that we won’t innovate,but we won’t do it ourselves.So, the glitch is in our heads primarily.Once we overcome the pleasure of security by the power of thoughts,we can sing:”A new….. day….. has…………. come”,like Celine Dione.
- A short review of Jose Saramago’s meandering masterpiece: Death with Interruptions
- Undoing 6 decades in 6 years
- 2010s: A personal tale of my professional journey
- Views on Naomi Klein’s “This Changes Everything”
- Fumbling with Fiction
- Why I run!
- Joy of reading, and some critique of capitalism
- PhD Series: 1. Getting a position
- A decade of blogging
- My Tweets